Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday # 18 - Amy Butler Giant Starflower Quilt

I am still working on my Amy Butler Giant Starflower quilt using the tutorial by Jeni from In Color Order. This time I cut 18 inch squares which almost used up the entire FQ, so this top is huge (about 70 inches square) now it is all put together!

Then I realized that I didn’t quite have enough backing using the flannels as I had purchased them from a US etsy seller so they are yards rather than metres. I did however, find a great Aussie shop where I can get another half metre of flannel to finish off the backing and it should be here next week – I don’t think I would have had the patience to wait for a few weeks to get more from the US, and it will be far too warm here to be sewing with flannel in November. 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking to WIP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced :
Wishing my hubby a Happy Birthday for today too! And that means Chocolate mud cake for dessert tonight:)
Kirsten.

17 comments:

  1. It looks great! I have Jeni's tutorial bookmarked as well. Just how big is this quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be huge, but it is also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your giant starflower is beautiful! and chocolate mud cake?? Yum. Happy Birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I come over for dessert? The starflower looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt top so far, I love that tute Jeni wrote, that's a fab way to use some big prints. What time is dessert tonight? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the starflower!! Brilliant! Oh we need all the flannel we can get here, it's so bloody cold :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW thats a big flower! Very pretty and I'm curious to see it all finished. Save me a slice of that yumminess! HB to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! The cake sounds yummy : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the starflower! It's on my list to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work, Kirsten! It is frustrating to have to wait when you just want to get it done, isn't it? That cake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see what it looks like quilted. I am a new follower!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate it when the backing I have doesn't fit. But maybe I should look at the bright side. . . another reason to go fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks wonderful!! So does the quilt block...lol
    Happy Birthday to your hubby...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I hate it when that happens. Glad you are able to work it out. Happy Birthday to your Hubs, that cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your starflower looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love it! It's beautiful. Now I can't wait to make mine :)

    ReplyDelete