Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tangerine Table Topper

This stack of fabrics has now become my first finished project for the Tangerine Tango challenge:
 I went with the modern "Plus" design as I love how it looks with a mix of fabrics. We were allowed to use one "other" colour so I chose the light aqua/minty shade which was in both the Joel Dewberry Heirloom Tile Flourish in Amber and the Amy Butler Love aqua and orange spots .
 The table runner is 14.5" wide x 29" inches long and I quilted just on the inside of each of the plusses so this is what it looks like on the back. 
 There are quite a few fabrics in this runner - Joel Dewberry, Amy Butler, organic solids, Sandi Henderson, Denyse Schmidt, honeycomb dots to name a few -  but my favourite part is the square of Daiwabo elephants in the bottom right corner:)
I took lots of photos as I made this so I hope to have a tutorial coming up some time this week so check back soon.
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations,LIttle quilt Monday at Pieceful Life,
 and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.

Kirsten.

12 comments:

  1. I love it! Really beautiful job - the quilting looks great on the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your touch of aqua in the runner. It looks brilliant with the oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that tangerine looks so juicy, so wonderful, love it!!! and also your crafty handquilting lines. The aqua cross is just the cream on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the runner looks fabulous kirsten - very 'now'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice assortment of orange fabrics you used! I like your quilting too - great look on the back too! Nicely done, Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you and your plus designs, I just love them! The colours are wonderful and those fabrics work so well together.

    P.S. Congrats on the win over at Lucy's blog! I am jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous-ness! Love it - and agree, that aqua is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks fab! I just love that pop of aqua

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will watch for the tutorial, I have been wanting to make one. Yours is lovely! Thank you for linking up to LQM : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tangerine with a hint of aqua. Can't wait for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I love it! Look forward to that tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kirsten it's great! I love the plus pattern - yours with the oranges looks really nice! I'm a follower now so I won't miss anything!
    Kris at www.dukesayssewwhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete