Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fuddy is not Duddy!


I saw the "Fuddy is not Duddy" challenge on Naptime Quilters blog on the weekend and seeing as my kids think I am actually a Fuddy Duddy, thought I'd have a look to see what burgundy, green and brown fabrics that I may have, and not surprisingly there were a few:)
I chose some of these and a neutral in an off-white/ivory solid to make a doll quilt in a design that I had bookmarked from Jessica's blog  "A Little Gray" which was made for her by Amy :
Some of these fabrics are fairly recent releases (the burgundy DS Winding Roads) but without them I would have been stuck for that colour.
 And the backing was some nice brown trees which are very autumny looking so I am also going to link this to Celebrate Color at Stitched in Color.
Celebrate Color
 I really enjoyed doing this colour challenge as I used to do a lot of similar colour challenges when I did scrapbooking and they do get you to think outside your usual colour choices and combinations.
Also linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and  Little Quilt Monday with Elizabeth at Pieceful life.

Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, very cool. This one would have been great made larger. Definitely not Fuddy Duddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and fresh! And the quilting makes it pop! Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not fuddy duddy at all! this is gorgeous! LOVE the quilting you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the quilting...on my to do list : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Definitely not fuddy duddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute! I love all that wood grain. I'll have to tell Amy she was an inspiration at our next guild meeting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really stunning...i think you took that challenge and told it who was boss!!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful mini! Your quilting makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Nothing like a deadline!

    ReplyDelete