Friday, November 11, 2011

Sew &Tell - Mini quilt challenge


When I saw Amylouwho was hosting a mini quilt Sew and Tell challenge, I remembered that I had one leftover Starflower block from the Christmas Table runner.........
so I decided to make it into a {very} mini quilt which will be gifted to a lovely friend whom I have met via blogland.
I really love the pattern the quilting makes on the back:)
Quilt stats: 12.5 x 12.5
Fabric:  Michael Miller Funky Christmas

Adding this to a new flickr group: Modern Mini Quilts. 
Modern Mini Quilt button
Also linking to {sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar) and to Little Quilt Monday at Pieceful Life.
Kirsten.

23 comments:

  1. Very cute mini! And your quilting looks excellent! Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky friend! The front and back look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you pieced the star together with all the different fabrics. The quilting is lovely! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! That will be a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How absolutely gorgeous! (and what a small world - saw your entry on mini quilts and followed to here - and I'm just starting out and live on the Gold Coast Qld!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! This is a great mini quilt! I love the star and the quilting how it makes the star behind! Beautiful fabrics! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this happy mini! Love the bright prints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, and I love the quilting on the back too : )
    Thank you for linking up to Little Quilt Monday!


    http://piecefullife-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2011/11/little-quilt-mondayyo-yo-mini.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute and festive! Great use for a leftover block, and a sweet gift. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good idea to make this block into a mini quilt - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! We got featured at Fabric Tuesday - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete