Thursday, April 4, 2019

"Outlander" quilt

I have been an Outlander fan for over 20 years now as I first started reading the books when I was pregnant with our twin boys, so I couldn't resist buying some of the fabric range by Andover when it was released a few years ago. 
I bought the "Outlander Stones" panel along with a few half yards of the coordinating prints.
This is the first time I have used a panel for a quilt so I started by looking online for some ideas on using them as quite a few of the fabric manufacturers have free patterns available using their panels.
My initial plan was to include a few of the Thistles by Elizabeth Hartman so made 4 of them to go along the sides of the 25 x 40" ish panel.
And then used the crest fabrics to make a kind of piano key border along the top and bottom of the panel, with the main grey print for corners.
The green border was added after I calculated that I still had enough of it for the backing. 
The quilt was longarmed at my LQS in a lovely swirly design.
After quilting, I bound it in an olive green solid.
Can't wait to cuddle up on the couch with this quilt and read the 9th book in the Outlander series when it is released later this year...
This was on my Q1 FAL 2019 list so linking up with the 2019 FAL team.
Kirsten.

1 comment: