Sunday, August 18, 2019

"Aslan" pillow

My mums birthday is in August and her starsign is Leo so I thought the Lion from the Spectacular Savanna quilt by Elizabeth Hartman would make a great gift for her.
The Spectacular Savanna pattern provides not only the main quilt pattern but lots of other options, including ideas for pillows or smaller quilts.
Elizabeth Hartman has used Essex linens in her pattern so although most of this lion is quilting cotton, I used some linen in flax for his nose and ears.
I quilted this pillow with a cross-hatch design which gives it is nice texture.
And the back of the pillow is the gum leaf print from one of Emma Jean Jansens wide-quilt backings which was left over from my "Fabled" quilt.
 
This was on my Q3 FAL 2019 list so linking up with the 2019 FAL team.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift. He seems very serene and , well, regal. Just like a king should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun gift for mom and yay for a FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pillow! I hope your Mom loved it xo Melanie

    www.mellmeyer.de

    ReplyDelete