Friday, June 15, 2018

Ahoy Matey quilt

We travelled to Canada last year and met up with a friends daughter and her hubby in Victoria, BC - they are now expecting twins and the baby quilts I have for them are here
I also wanted to gift a quilt to the lovely parents-to-be so have finally finished this "Ahoy Matey" quilt from a pattern by Kristy @ Quiet Play designs so that it can be sent overseas to them.
For the main blocks in the quilt, I used a selection of batik fabrics in shades of blue, with a white solid for the anchor.
This was a very easy quilt to sew as it is just straight seams with squares and rectangles to form the anchor shape.
The original quilt top finishes at 42 x 48" but I added an extra row of squares around the quilt to bring it up to 54 x 60".
The backing was just perfect for this quilt with many shades of blue from aqua though to deep navy.
Hoping our lovely friends will be able to use this quilt to keep them cosy during those late night baby feeds!
This was on my Q2 FAL list for this year so linking up with the 2018 FAL team.

Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten, The quilt turned out fantastic and I love the photo shoot. I'm sure the new parents will have fond memories of late nights. Congratulations on your beautiful finish and thanks for participating in Finish-A-Long on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete