Sunday, May 27, 2018

Vinyl Project Pouch

I have been sewing some EPP hexagons for the Tula Pink "Hurray for Hexies" quilt for some time now and needed a little project pouch to keep them all in.
There are a few tutorials around for zip pouches such as the Simple Zipper Bag tutorial at Fat Quarter Shop but I chose the Vinyl project pouch tutorial from the Moda Bake Shop as I really liked the clear vinyl "window".
One problem with sewing vinyl is that it is slippery but by stitching a fabric strip across the top of the vinyl (the lilac fabric in my photo) it is then sandwiched between fabric at all times so it is quite easy to sew.
I just need to be more careful when pressing as hot irons and vinyl do not mix well!
This project was on my Q2 FAL list for this year so linking up with the 2018 FAL team.
Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a super cute finish and, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete