Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Craft Fair and a Kindle cover

My sisters-in-law and I went up to Brisbane on Saturday for the Craft and Quilt Fair, then spent the rest of the weekend at the Gold Coast and did a bit more shopping at Pacific Fair. It was a great girls weekend away whilst the hubbys stayed and watched the kids (and the indy 600). 
We enjoyed the craft fair - there were a lot of lovely fabrics for sale (although prices varied greatly!!) and some beautiful quilts on display too. I went halves in a Little Apples Layer cake with one of my sisters-in-law, and I also bought a few FQ of christmassy fabrics & some more for a black,white and red quilt that I am making soon:
 I had been lucky to win some passes to the craft fair from Voodoo Rabbit on facebook a few weeks ago so we made sure to visit their stand at the show as I wanted to pick up some more echino as I had a specific project in mind! 
 
My brother got a kindle for fathers day, and it is his birthday in November so I decided to make him a kindle cover from the echino bicycles as he does triathlons:
I found a tutorial the other day on Whip Up for a gadget pouch so I have based the cover off that, and have lined it with some lime felt to make it soft on the inside.
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.(buttons in left side bar).
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. I love that fabric - too bad it's not in my budget at the moment!! Your finished project is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your kindle cover..great choice of fabric. :)

    BTW, I'm over from {Sew} Modern Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh lovely fabrics!! yeah, I'm a bit jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you placed the fabric for your pouch (the white bike pops nicely out) is wonderful. I'm also a bit wishing for an own kindle, no clue if it would work for my reading habits. But at least I downloaded the PC- Kindle reader to get instant access to some US books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of lining your kindle cover with felt. Looks like a great gift!

    ReplyDelete