Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday WIP # 17

After making one of the lovely giant starflower quilts to give for a birthday gift, I really wanted to make another one to keep for me:)  I have decided on some Amy Butler "Love" fabrics which I think will be ideal for this design as they are fairly large scale prints more suited to large blocks:
 So far I have just cut the FQ into large triangles and will try and piece the quilt top on the weekend.
I was originally thinking of using the blue fabric in the bottom of the first photo as the backing but remembered that I have a few yards of Amy Butler Love flannel which would be perfect on the back.  I haven't used flannel before though so am a bit nervous about using it - does anyone have any tips on sewing with flannel?
 Linking to WIP Wednesday with Lee at freshly Pieced.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Kirsten.


8 comments:

  1. Great color choices - I remember the star quilt tutorial. It looked great. Think that a good-looking outcome is almost guaranteed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used flannel once. It does horrible things you your cutting board! Leaves fluff in the grooves that is impossible to get out so try and avoid ruining a cutting board like I did! Otherwise it wasn't too bad to work with and made a lovely soft quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love fabric is so perfect for that quilt! Can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of using flannel for a quilt back for a while too but have not yet. I hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those fabrics choices, Kristen! Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think love is my favorite of Amy Butler's lines. Your fabrics look lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that fabric is going to make an awesome quilt! I've been wanting to use flannel for a backing but haven't gotten to it yet. Sorry I have no tips! Can't wait to see the quilt, though! I'm sure it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only done one flannel quilt & really had no problems with it at all. It actually was very fun to sew with. Good for you for 'duplicating' a quilt you love for yourself this time!

    ReplyDelete