Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Winter Stitching

FairyFace Designs

The lovely Sarah at Fairy Face designs has invited us to make a list of sewing projects we would like to achieve over the next few months but as I am in the Southern Hemisphere it should really be "Summer Stitching" so here goes:
1. Finish my Amy Butler starflower quilt – I have received the ½ m piece of flannel that I needed to finish off the backing so I have basted it all with my entire box of my 600 pins. Just need to finish the quilting and binding now! 
2. Start my table runner for the Modern Christmas Table runner swap – feeling a bit very behind on this as some ladies have finished already but I have the fabrics here now so should be able to start next week!! 
3. Make a christmas decoration for the above swap too 
4. Make a quilt for a baby due early next year – not sure if it is a boy or a girl but I have specific colours in mind so have been “collecting” fabrics for this already.
5. Make a “plus” quilt with the DS fabrics – after making a small version for the DS DQ swap , I would really like to use these fabrics to make a full size quilt!
6. Make a “Surf” themed quilt for my BIL and his wife who are lucky to live at the beach and are very keen surfers. We picked up a really cute pattern at the Craft Fair on the weekend and a few more FQ to make the blocks and should be able to use up some stash fabrics too.
7. Make a fabric basket or two for Christmas pressies
8. Finish my "Quilt Process" mini quilt that was buried under a pile of fabric and I had completely forgotten about it until I found it the other day!
 9. Make a quilt for my friend V who should be back visiting here over the holidays – pattern selected and fabrics ready to go…..
10. I would like to make a quilt with predominantly red and aqua as I really love this colour combo - maybe even one of these.

Also, I am with Sarah in wanting to be in round 2 (if there is one) for the Solids swap –  I really loved working with just solids!!

There are probably no doubt a few more things that I would like to do but it is often too hot to do much sewing, especially quilting over summer. Linking to WIP wednesday at Freshly Pieced:
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Kirsten.

11 comments:

  1. Flannel backing....now there's an idea!! I may have to do that some day. The sneak peek of your quilt is lovely. Good luck with all of your Christmas plans, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects Kirsten! That surf quilt is so cool and love your quilt process one too! Thanks for linking up even if it is summer down under!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, can't wait to see there rest of that star quilt, that looks spectacular! And I love the idea of flannel backing. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a long list, but all the projects sound so great and worthwhile. I think a big cross quilt would be great in those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the star quilt - the fabrics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That starflower quilt looks like it's going to be pretty amazing! I can't seem to get motivated in the summer to quilt - it's just too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. full size DS plus quilt? Oh yes!! Great projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is quite a list! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a nice manageable list, but 600 pins for that first quilt? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your projects...summer is ending here in Louisiana...which makes me sad...I am a heat and humidity kind of girl. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete