Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday- Sparkle Plenty Quilt

After I had made a tote bag using some lovely "Ruby" fabric late last year, I still had quite a bit  leftover. One of my favourite colour combos is red and aqua and as I have always wanted to make a quilt using these colours decided to use the Ruby to make a Sparkle Plenty quilt using the pattern from Loft Creations. 
So after much cutting, sewing and trimming of HST's I have the rows laid out on the dining room table ready for pressing so they don't get out of place. 
(Note to self: it would have much quicker & easier to use charm squares - especially as I happen to have 2 packs of Kate Spains "Good Fortune" here thanks to Lucy!)

I have used a light grey Prima solid (similar to Kona Ash) as the background - can't wait to finish sewing the rows together to see how this one turns out! 

Linking to WIP Wednesday with Lee at Freshly Pieced (button in sidebar).

Kirsten.

21 comments:

  1. Ooooh, very nice! I like that pattern a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, loving the look of this, it's going to be fab when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten, this is fabulous! That pattern is so fun and your fabrics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's gorgeous! I love Ruby, it looks great with grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha!! It looks wonderful! I love the colours and agree it's so perfect with the grey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work! The layout, the fabric combinations, its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, I love the colors you've chosen

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you certainly have got a lot done already...it is looking fab-o.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is looking lovely! Love the grey as the background fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pattern! The colors look wonderful with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I am making a hst quilt for my bed and have two layer cakes ready and waiting as I am super lazy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that grey. Looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love!!! Those fabrics work so well together :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I always think of aqua/red/pink fabrics going nicely with a white background, but I really like it with the grey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pale gray is a wonderful choice. It brings all the pastells together and looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! That's going to look fabulous when you're finished with it.

    ReplyDelete