Sunday, March 25, 2012

Brisbane Craft and Sewing Show

We went up to Brisbane for the day yesterday - Neil took the kids shopping in the city and I went to the Craft and Sewing Show at the Convention Centre.
When I was due to meet up with them at Southbank in the afternoon I walked around to the other side of the centre and found some amazing mosaic sculptures that looked so much like quilts:
And this one has a lovely image of Brisbane city in the middle:
I just bought a couple of things at the show, including a fat 1/8th bundle of Flea market Fancy and a book I have been wanting for a while! 

And am hoping that I win the lucky door prize at the show which was one of these retro Singer sewing machines:)
Hope you are having an enjoyable weekend wherever you are!
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. oooh. Love the goodies you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to be jealous here, really I am! Looks like a great day out and I hope you win the grand prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fabulous day! Good luck on the Singer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those sculptures and great that you got some time to wander round the show. Good luck on winning that Singer - she`s a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo good luck getting that machine! So fun. Glad you had a good time, a fat eight bundle of FMF was a great idea - just enough to appease the urge to get some!

    ReplyDelete