Friday, March 23, 2012

FLOS received from Joanna (Shape Moth)

It is always a nervous time at the end of swaps whilst you wait for your partner to receive your parcel, and also in excited anticipation of what you may be sent. I was very fortunate to receive the most gorgeous pillow cover and wristlet yesterday, which were made by the very talented Joanna (Shapemoth).
I haven't attempted to sew curves (or invisible zips.....) as yet but Joanna does them so well! She also has another version of this design here which she entered in the Modern Mini challenge at Ellison Lane quilts and it was one of the Viewer's Choice finalists.The back of the pillow is just as stunning.
The linen pouch is very cute too....I forgot to take a photo of the inside but Joanna has a good picture of the inner fabric here.
And she has used all of my favourite colours with lovely shades of teal green and blues with the splashes of orange and yellow that just pop. I am going to keep this on our bed as the colours match our leafy doona(duvet) cover perfectly! I also like that I can orientate this pillow and it looks different each time:)
I am starting to get worried about my parcel though as I sent it over 3 weeks ago now, but there are still a few others waiting to receive theirs so I won't panic just yet! 
Thanks again to Joanna and also to the the swap mamas (Megan and Elizabeth) for organizing such a wonderful swap again. 
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. Your pillow is beautiful! Joanna did such a nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Definitely a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kirsten, you lucky thing! That was one of my absolute favorites in the swap! That is one completely awesome cushion :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too kind. I think never before I red so many nice things about my work :) I'm so glad that you like the pillow cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Kirsten - I love your swap package. I`m still waiting and beginning to feel a little nervous but hope it will arrive soon! My make has arrived at its destination so one down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the little birdie on that pouch, too cute. Fingers crossed your parcel makes it to its destination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Pillow! You are a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool, hope yours reaches its destination soon too!

    ReplyDelete