Saturday, April 28, 2012

Zakka sew along - week 4 sewing kit

These Zakka projects are so much fun to make! I keep flicking through the book and thinking of the projects that I would like to make and which fabrics I would choose for them. Anyway, this weeks project was the sewing kit and I decided to make it with some of my Echo fabric. As it has been raining here for the past few days weeks months, my sons sport has all been cancelled and we have a "free" weekend so I had time to make the sewing kit today.
I saw Debbies lovely sewing kit earlier this week and loved her idea of stitching along the front. I had some green variegated Gutermann thread which matched the Echo so I used it to sew some "organic" straightish lines on the linen.
And, after rummaging through my scrapbooking supplies I found some black Versacraft ink which I used to stamp a folk heart onto the pincushion.
Even Gemma said it was cute. I know that I will really love using this little sewing kit .
Linking to LR stitched , to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory. (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I like the idea of the stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That's one of my favorite echo prints - looks great with the stitching you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect for Echo - super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! After seeing yours and Debbie's, I want to make one too. I really like the variegated thread.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's lovely! I really like the use of Echo, which I love but don't have much of. And obviously I think the stitching is the perfect touch! ;-) Wasn't it fun?! Cute pincushion too - love the stamped heart. What a nice set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echo + linen = so zakka! Lovely, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun seeing these little zakka pincushions popping up everywhere! I love yours in Echo Blues, and the sewing kit to match. The heart is such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echo and linen are such a nice combination. I have some Echo waiting for me to find its project...and there are linen scraps! Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I made the potholder out of the Zakka Style book. There were issues with the instructions, but after pulling out a lot of sewing, I finally got it to work :-) How does it work with the Versacraft ink? Any concerns about it coming off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Echo you used here, it's really perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sewing kit and the fabric!! Great job. Stopping by from Quilt Story's linky party and your newest follower.

    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/04/another-coat-for-holly.html

    ReplyDelete