Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP - DS Doll quilt

I signed up for this DS doll/mini quilt swap again recently and now have my received my partners details. This time we were asked for our favourite colour so that our partners could choose to make a mini quilt in that colour range. My partner likes blue and fortunately I have quite a lot of blues in the Denyse Schmidt fabrics:
I cut the blue fabrics into small strips and organised them into shades of darker/navy, middle/aquaish and lighter/white based tones.
Then they were pieced into this block using this tutorial. I haven't tried paper/foundation piecing before but I thought I would try a fairly simple one to start with. Just need to make a few more now to complete the mini quilt.
Linking to LIttle Quilt Monday with Elizabeth at Pieceful Life, to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (buttons in sidebar).
PS. thank you to everyone who contacted me to let me know that the blog had disappeared after the post this morning - hopefully I have sorted it out now but I am still not sure what happened???
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Very fun block and love all your blues! Glad your blog is back - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paper piecing looks great! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The block Is fresh and fun! I like the colors. It was probably just a google hick-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this will look fab! You are so good with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks lovely, and I just remembered, I said I like blues :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric.the quilt will look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great so far. That's a good block to start paper piecing with - you've done an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I've been wanting to try that sort of foundation piecing. Great idea to try it on something "mini"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful block....I do love blues : )

    ReplyDelete