Wednesday, April 4, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Scrappy Swoon

As I sewed the geese last week for my remaining 6 Swoon blocks,  I stitched an extra seam on the other side of the geese unit so that when they were cut, the HSTs' were already sewn and only needed pressing then a bit of a trim to square them up again.  
There are quite a few leftover HST's from a 9 block Swoon quilt - 144 to be exact! There are quite a few ideas in the flickr group on how to make use of these "leftover" HSTs, including  this wonderful smaller quilt. I have split mine up into 4 groups of 36 and am going to use them to make up a few blocks which I can then make into mini quilts or pillow covers.
So, this is the first layout I am playing with - yet another Swoon block (!) but with a slight variation that I saw here. It is mainly HST's and I just need to cut a couple of small pieces to make up the rest of the block.
I am going to try and finish this over the Easter weekend and for the "One thing , One week challenge #12 at Amy's Creative Side.
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

Kirsten. 

10 comments:

  1. Love this! And thanks for the other links - good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kirsten! I really like it scrappy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love those fabrics! Denyse Schmidt, right? Thanks for visiting my blog, following yours now in my reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! It is crazy how many HSTs are left over from Swoon! I've use some of mine, but have lots left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! Love the idea of using your leftovers and turning them into something so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scrappy swoon looks great. I just love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to make a scrappy swoon- it's looking great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of a scrappy swoon!

    ReplyDelete