Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WIP # 12 - Quilt Process Mini Quilt

Last week I received a lovely parcel in the mail from Amy at During Quiet Time. I had seen her very cute “quilt process” mini quilts a while ago and finally got around to ordering one for me. I got a pale/baby pink and dark grey printed panel which probably wouldn’t have been my first choice in colours but I think this may have been the last one available so I was very happy with it anyway. I also bought a little “Baste” pincushion from her as my homemade pincushion is not really deep enough and I keep getting pins sticking through the bottom of it.
 Amy also sent a PDF of instructions to make a mini quilt from the panel including 5 different ideas for the 3 blocks that run down the left of the quilt. So I spent this morning going through my stash for some fabrics to make up the little 4.5 inch square blocks and to use for rest of the quilt.
 I am basing the quilt on the pink and grey colours of the panel and adding in a bit of yellow and darker pink so these are what I came up with: Amy Butler, Sherbet Pips, Henna garden, AMH Good Folks, DS,and some Daiwabo elephants.
Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced (button in sidebar)
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be lovely. I think the fabrics you chose are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so cute. Amy is one of my all-time favorites. She is so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you will have fun with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those fabrics, and the panel is spot on. Love the 'art' aspect of it. Words are so popular right now. Visiting from WIP.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

    ReplyDelete