Sunday, May 19, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Swoon

Hi, and welcome if you are visiting for the first time from the Bloggers Quilt Festival!
I have decided to enter my "Swoon" quilt from last year for the Spring 2013 BQF.
The fabrics are from the Denyse Schmidt Daisy Mae range with an ivory solid as the background. 
I began making this quilt late January 2012 and tried to do a block a month so that it was done by the end of the year - I really loved making these big 24" blocks
This quilt is the largest that I have made so far and I had it quilted at our LQS "Rainbow Patchwork" in a swirly design, with a bamboo/cotton batting which has made the quilt so lovely and soft. 
It is coming into winter here in Australia now so we have this quilt on our bed and it is keeping us nice and warm at night. I chose a simple grey backing so that I can turn the quilt over in the evening when the cat sleeps on the bed so his grey fur wont show up at all.
Quilt pattern: "Swoon" by Camille Roskelly
Size: 80 x 80"
Fabrics: Daisy Mae by Denyse Schmidt, Prima solid in Ivory.
Quilted: by Karen at Rainbow Patchwork, South Lismore, NSW, Australia.
AmysCreativeSide.com
Thanks for stopping by and thank you also to Amy for hosting this wonderful quilt festival! 
Kirsten.

27 comments:

  1. I definitely love your version of Swoon, Kirsten! Happy BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great quilt Kirsten! Great to see it again! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten! That is so beautiful quilt! We are heading to hot summer here in Greece. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never tire of seeing a swoon quilt. Looks so lovely in the sunshine...send us some will you? It's meant to be summer here and I'm freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, I love me a swoon! It's just perfect in those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! the quilting is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bright colours for a dark winter's night :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Kirsten, I love it, awesome fabric choices. I saw Swoon blocks today in person for the first time, at the MQG meeting I went too - I didn't realise they were so big!! They're such an awesome size aren't they. The Swoon is on my long list ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just gorgeous and a perfect festival entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours work so well in this quilt. It is beautiful, Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilting. Swoons are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So love this, excellent choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely. Every time I see a Swoon quilt, I want to make one myself. Your colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So amazing! I still just love that quilting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. one of my favs and I just adore your quilting on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's such a lovely quilt Kirsten and I really love the quilting which you can see so well on the quilt's back. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a beautiful quilt! The large blocks are lovely. I think your grey backing for the grey cat is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo... I love this! And I love the idea of approaching it with a block a month. That makes me feel like it is something I could do! Your quilting is just beautiful too. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a lovely quilt, nice and bright too, its definitely an aussie thing to hang it on the hills hoist for the photo, brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a great quilt - your colour choices are brilliant and I love the quilting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love big blocks! My last quilt was 18", which was great, but I plan to someday make a swoon! Your colors are lovely, the quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh lovely! I'm just starting my first Swoon! I've decided on a flame red background with a bundle of Pieces of Hope by Riley Blake, the Autism line. it's really cute collection....and the quilt is for my son who has autism.
    love those colors and gigantic swirls quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful Kirsten. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Kirsten. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete