Thursday, November 10, 2016

Colorway quilt along

Although I have quite a few projects on the go, I joined in another Quilt-along running during November...
I already had a F8 bundle of the Handmade fabric that I have been keen to use with a cute B&W dot fabric, and this seemed the perfect opportunity!
Then I happened upon a destash of a Handmade JR which suited the cutting of this particular quilt better.
The rest of the quilt is cut from my B&C stash and coordinating solids so I still have about half of the JR strips remaining to use for another project.
The print fabrics were matched with a coordinating solid

This is the test block I made which although it isn't perfect was a lot easier to sew than what I thought it would be.
And the next one, using a scant 1/4" seam which may have helped get those pesky points lined up!
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, your fabric bundle looks gorgeus and this pattern has been on my list long time! This will be beautiful quilt! x Teje
    www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look lovely Kirsten! And so do the points! Love that orange....

    ReplyDelete