Friday, September 23, 2011

A very "Mini" Quilt

Fresh Lemons Quilts
Just doing a belated post for Mini Quilt Monday Friday at Fresh Lemons.  This is a starflower block I made using the tutorial by Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts which ends up at about 12.5 inches square. The great thing about this tutorial is that you actually get 2 blocks made at once. 
 I was originally going to do FMQ quilting but decided to do simple echo quilting like on the much larger Starflower quilt I made last week. This has finished up after quilting and binding at only 12 inches square so it is quite a cute little “mini” quilt.
 I wish I could take a photo of this beside the Giant Starflower quilt......and because this block is such a  colourful one, I am going to link it to the Celebrate Color event which is being hosted by Rachel over at Stitched in Color.
Celebrate Color

And also linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations. 
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


And to FabricTuesday at Quiltstory: 


Fresh Poppy Design



ETA: I think I will have to try quilting like this next time - it looks amazing!!
Kirsten.

13 comments:

  1. What a fun mini quilt!! I love your placement of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i just saw your giant starflower-amazing! and how fun to do a mini version. great job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have done this huge and tiny. It is a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, loving this mini quilt. You make me want some more colors of Denyse Schmidt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun mini!! :) Love those DS fabrics, too! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really cute mini quilt!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! And I agree that it would be fun to see it next to the big version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling quilt! I love stars and the fabrics you used are perfect!! :o)
    Have a great week.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in. I've got stars on my brain right now too, as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the tutorial and I love your star and fabric choices! Found you at Rachel's Celebrate Color series.
    :)

    ReplyDelete