Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn yo-yo pillow

Celebrate Color
As mentioned in my last post, Rachel at Stitched In Color has a "Celebrate Color" event going on at her lovely blog and is inviting participants to post photos of autumn inspired items they have made. So I thought I'd make a pillow to enter in to the Home Decor section:
 
My starting point was this gorgeous "warm" bundle of shot cottons that I bought from Pink Castle Fabrics a few months ago and I added a few more Moda crossweaves from Sew Fresh Fabrics
I cut 5 inch diameter circles from the cottons in shades of grey, red, orange and yellow; gathered them to form yoyos and stitched them onto some red suede fabric then sewed it together to make a pillow cover.
 I think this pillow looks quite nice with the other ones my red couch:)
And I am also linking this one to "Pillow Talk" at Farbstoffs very inspiring blog.
BWS tips button
 Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a quick and effective cusion cover! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute autumnal cushion and it looks very happy on your couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your submission! The jo-jos look really cute and I like your color choices, make me feel warm and cosy. The way you placed the dots on the background gives your pillow a modern and clean style! Such a nice work!

    ReplyDelete