Monday, September 19, 2011

Lil's Giant Starflower quilt

The Giant Starflower quilt is all done and given to the birthday girl for her sweet 16th. 
 I have used 16 inch squares rather than 18 inch ones in Jeni's tutorial for the Giant Starflower so this quilt has finished up at 60 inches (150cm) square.
 I chose a plain dark blue backing which matches the darker blue in the Daisy Floral Blue DS fabric, and have echo quilted along the main blocks which shows up better on the back.
I really like these fabrics as they have a lovely fresh vintagey look about them.
 Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations
 and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.

Fresh Poppy Design




Kirsten.

16 comments:

  1. Kirsten, it is completely beautiful! Love the simplicity and your fabric choice. A very sweet 16 indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! love me some DS. hopped over from canoe ridge creations and am happy to find another science geek quilter! I'll be following you now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt and I think it needs to go on my list of quilts to make sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty!
    I saw Jeni's tutorial for this a while back, too, and loved it.
    It's so pretty with the DS Quilts fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool super-sized star. Love the fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt and the fabrics you used! Great work (saw your link at Sew Modern Monday). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love how simple and fresh Jeni's design is and the fabrics you chose are wonderful! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is gorgeous and something which your daughter`s friend will keep forever and always remember she received it on her 16th! Love the DS fabrics too and you are right. they are vintagy but feel up to date as well. Just saw you fabric basket - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you're doing with the DS fabrics. This is giving me some inspiration to cut into the rest of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design and colors. I hope she loves it (and Happy 16th Birthday to her too!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling done in the DS fabrics! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilt! I've not yet seen one with one large block - I'm smitten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! Came over from Quiltstory :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very lovely! I am sure it will make a 16 year old very happy for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous mate!
    Wowzers you've been busy, there are so many beautiful things going on round here!!!
    Happy birthdays to your kiddos too!!

    ReplyDelete