Monday, September 5, 2011

For the Love of Solids Swap - sent


 I have just returned from the post office where I sent my FLOSS items off at last! It is a good feeling to know that it is done - and now I just have to wait until the parcel is received to find out if my partner likes the items I sent her!
  
One of the items is a mini quilt made with HST's in a warm/cool design. I just quilted along the outside edges of the rows to make the pattern stand out.
And I made a reversible sewing machine cover which my kids said looked like Elmer the patchwork elephant :) , along with a matching fabric basket using the tutorial by Ayumi @ the Pink Penguin to go with it.

I also finished off a block for the Spotlight sewing day - we were required to make a spring themed 12 inch block so I used lots of lovely florals in a warm/cool HST design.
Linking to Sew Modern Mondays at Canoe Ridge Creations, to Mini Quilt Mondays at Fresh Lemons and to Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar).
Fresh Lemons Quilts
Have a great week, 

Kirsten

9 comments:

  1. Your FLOSS makes are fantastic. As is your block. Making me want to do more HSTs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those solids are awesome, I love the rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could your FLOSS partner not love that package? Fabulous! and I love the scrappy warm/cool HST block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* your FLOSS mini quilt! Wow, your partner is going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! Your partner is going to LOVE this! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your warm/cool HST block is stunning!!!! i think i am inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those solid projects are wonderful! It makes me want to go sew right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in LOVE with the sewing machine cover. Would you consider making this to sell?

    ReplyDelete