Monday, February 20, 2012

Zesty Ziggy

I started with this stack of fabric a few weeks ago, and used the Zig Zag tutorial by Amandajean of Crazy Mom Quilts to stitch this quilt:
I had decided to make this quilt for the Tangerine Tango challenge so have only used a dark grey/coal solid  along with the different orange fabrics:
When I found this very cute dog print at Spotlight I had to add him in as well:) Our lovely neighbours have a little dog named Ziggy so I have named the quilt after him as the doggie print fabric reminded me of him as soon as I saw it..
 Then I remembered I had a large piece of minky which matched the blue in the dog fabric so it became the back, along with some scraps from the front in a strip along each side.
I finished the quilting on the weekend - just some echo quilting along the zig zags in grey or orange thread. It shows up quite well on the back (although it is very difficult to get a good photo of it).
It measures 46x62 " and it is bound in the same shade of blue.
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. It's wonderful, I love it. The orange and gray play very nicely together. I'm always amazed at how fast some people can get quilts completely finished. I'm pretty fast at finishing quilt tops, but after that I usually stall out for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Kirsten! Zigzags are one of my favorites, and you can't beat orange. I love the name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun, Kirsten! I do love a good zigzag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used this pattern before - it's great isn't it! Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, and love the name, very appropriate :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fantastic! Love the name and the Ziggy print! I'm a big fan of orange too :)

    oh and would you mind turning off you word verification please?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey now, that is stellar. im fond of that little doggy print! and i see Lucy wants you to turn off your word verification... i'm gonna have to bug her to find out how one does this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colours, orange and grey are a favourite of mine! I'm with Lucy, puhleeeeease turn off word verification. Did you read sewing over pins post on it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a gorgeous quilt. I love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job! i like that you used the blue for the binding. It contrasts well with the gray and orange. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete