Monday, February 27, 2012

Tigerlily Baby Swoon

I have finished quilting the baby Swoon quilt just in time for some friends of ours who are having  baby in March:
I added a border to the Swoon block so this finishes at 32" square and I quilted it in straight lines again as it seems to work well with this design.
I used a grey stripe for the back and binding.
Love this Michael Miller zoology print:)
So one more finish ticked off my Winter stitching list - or my summer list here in Australia:)
Linking to Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations, to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory, and with Elizabeth Little Quilt Monday at Pieceful Life -  so go along and check out all of the other wonderful projects there.
Kirsten.

9 comments:

  1. It looks really great Kirsten. I love the quilting lines. Looks like a lot of work, but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's very cute. How big did it finish up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a perfect little fabric for the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's fab! Love the fabric you used for the centre and the quilting is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the sharp contrast of the swoon against the background. And that center block is cute. The quilting is perfect for highlighting the swoon block.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - the contrast is great. What a striking way to highlight one special piece of fabric in the center. I'm sure your friends will love this quilt! I saw your link on Fabric Tuesday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! what a striking little quilt, i dig. lucky baby :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the quilting on this. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete