Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Modern Mini challenge quilt (part 2)

This week I am still working on the Modern Mini challenge "MakingMirrors" quilt as it took me a while to decide on how I wanted to quilt it:
I wanted to keep the geometric theme of the quilt so have done a squarish spiral going from the centre of each block out to the edge of the quilt.
I am using some spools of variegated cotton that I have here for each of the blocks – Gutermann in green, yellow and blue, and a King Tut black/grey/white thread.
 The quilting is very time consuming but I really like the effect so far…..

Other WIP:
-Baby Swoon quilt : quilting in progress
-For the Love of Solids 2 project :done
-FLOS 2: small item - in progress
-Mango Tango Zig Zag quilt done
-Quilt process mini quilt: needs quilting
-DSQ Swoon: still only 1/9 blocks made
-Sparkle Plenty "Ruby"blocks cut for HST's
 

 Linking to WIP  Wednesday at Freshly Pieced,
Kirsten.

22 comments:

  1. Kirsten, this is looking so great! Love how the quilting is going and can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a lot of work, but it's going to be amazing. How far apart are those quilting lines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very exiting! I love your Ziggy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's going to be great. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the quilting :) can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh love the quilting.. fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fantastic - time consuming but well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, this is SO awesome! I love what you are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It`s looking amazing Kirsten - can`t wait to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kirsten I am visiting you back today...lovely to find a local quilting blogger. Funny that you are doing straight line quilting at the same time that I am researching what to do on my runner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your straight line quilting is so pretty....i love the colors you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your quilting is fantastic, I clap my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this so far! The quilting adds so much depth.

    ReplyDelete