Saturday, February 11, 2012

One thing...... one week

Amy is holding another "One thing...One week" challenge so I thought I should probably get one of my numerous sewing projects finished as there are a few that need to be done by the end of this month.
Amy's Creative Side

This is a modified "Swoon" block that I have made for my partner in the Love of Solids Swap(2).
 I changed the size to make a 16 "ish  block using all HST's rather than Flying Geese as in the original pattern.
And used lots of bright solid fabrics as my partners likes a rainbow of colours..........
 My goal this week was to do the quilting, which I have done in straight lines forming a "X" in the middle..
It shows up quite well on the back too.
 Just have to finish off the other small item now but I know what I want to do so that is a start:)
 Linking to Amy's Creative Side: One thing.....one week challenge (10), to Sew Modern Monday @ Canoe Ridge Creations  and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (button in sidebar).
Kirsten

27 comments:

  1. Love it! How beautiful would an all-solids scrappy swoon be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am participating in Amy's challenge too - it is great for keeping me focused!
    I absolutely love your version of the Swoon block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilting and the bright scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the swoon in solids. Such a fab idea and what a lucky partner you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE it Kirsten! The quilting is just perfect for this, and I love the all HST version of the swoon block. Allows for use of more colours in your project. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the quilting Kirsten. Looks great with all the gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my - I really love your Swoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Kirsten!! Love the solids and the quilting looks fantastic! Beautiful pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous! I love the pattern and the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous - both the style and the quilting - lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love this. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, I love it! The quilting is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Kirsten! Love those solids and your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! I haven't seen anyone use solids in a Swoon block. How creative! And that stitching is perfect for the block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the color mix and the solids!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just amazing! The quilting is absolutely fabulous!!! Great finish! Smiles~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful quilt, love the solid color and your quilting. I would love to have you link up!
    Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm loving the scrappy Swoon blocks I've been seeing, but yours is particularly stunning with just solids. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the bright solids and wouldn't have thought to make the swoon block scrappy but it works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is absolutely stunning i love it. the solids and colors are just terrific

    ReplyDelete
  22. love this Kirsten! The quilting is beautiful also!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a beautiful, GIANT block. No wonder Kira was inspired.

    ReplyDelete