I decided to make one using some of the pretty red prints from my Bonnie and Camille fabrics as I already had them out for other projects.
The pattern requires making some hourglass blocks as well as some split quarter square triangle blocks for the points of the heart.
And for the background I used my favourite shot cotton in a charcoal colour which really makes the reds pop!Once it was done I tossed up between quilting in a variegated red thread or a dark grey....
And I am so happy that I went with the red as it really stands out against the dark grey background!And like Megan did for her pink version of the mini, I used the Serpentine stitch on my machine again for the quilting - I have used this stitch for quilting before but not as densely as for this pillow and I love how it turned out.
The binding is a tiny red spot on cream and once again some of the Ikea Britten Nummers fabric for the pillow backing.
This was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.