Monday, February 22, 2016

Thirty Shades of Fox quilt

Elizabeth Hartman released her Fancy Fox pattern a while ago now and I have already made some pillows and mini quilts using this pattern, but I really wanted to make a quilt using these very cute fox blocks.
After seeing a few of these fox quilts made in various shades of orange, I decided to do the same and found enough orange prints to make the blocks when I dug through my stash of fabrics.
There are fabrics from Denyse Schmidt, Emma Jean Jansen, Bonnie and Camille, Tula Pink, Lizzy House, Cotton & Steel, and Alison Glass to name a few!
Pre-cutting all of the fabrics made putting these blocks together very quick and easy .
I have made a 5 x 6 layout so only needed 30 foxy blocks.
Then I have added borders to make the quilt up to lap size of about 50 x 62".
I used the Serpentine stitch on my sewing machine to do the quilting down the length of the quilt.
And like the "Quick Brown Fox" pillow I made last year, my favourite is probably the Henna Garden fox, closely followed by the one made from the B&C Hello Darling strawberries.
The backing is a Cloud 9 "Scribbles in Orange" print by Ed Emberley, which I didn't quite have enough of so added a strip of the Ikea numbers fabric down the side.
And I found a B&W woodgrain print which I think was just perfect for the binding.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This quilt was on my FAL Q1 list for this year so also linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

12 comments:

  1. A fabulous finish Kirsten. I would struggle to get 30 shades of any one colour in my stash. Now if it was just in AMH or DS prints, that would be another story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I just received this pattern in the mail and I hope to work on it this weekend. Yours is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! The quilting is beautiful. Great Finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love this and what a wonderful range of oranges you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this pattern, and I love orange. And your quilt is a perfect match of both. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your foxes are adorable! Love your colors and I have never seen the serpentine quilting, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! Orange with grey looks really good. I have made this pattern also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! And that Henna fox is just darling, I can see why it's your favorite! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for the close-up of the serpentine quilting! I love the way you spaced the quilting rows so they don't go through the eyes and nose. I just finished a Fancy Fox top and was looking for a way to use the serpentine stitch. Yours is simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete