Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Moda's ABC Birthday QAL

One quilt that has been on my "to-do" list for a while now is the "Spell it with Moda" quilt.
MBS-ABC-Birthday-QAL-button-250x250
This year, the Moda Bakeshop is celebrating 7 years so they are having an ABC quilt-along on their blog. 
The photo is one I took of Camille Roskelly's lovely quilt when she was here for her trunk show back in 2014.
I am going to make a quilt similar to the original one using my B&C fabrics, along with some tone-on-tone white/cream prints for the background that are in my stash. 
Initially, my plan is to match a letter with the name of a B&C range as it makes choosing which fabrics to use much easier, then I can fill in the others later on:)
The first few letters have been made (Bliss, Daysail, and Miss Kate) and I hope to get a few more done soon, along with the filler blocks. 
All of the letters are printed out ready to make the blocks and I have done some precutting already, with the pieces stored in a plastic folder along with the corresponding letter instructions.
And I managed to pick up a couple of remnants of Vintage Modern (which I needed for the letter "V") when I went up to Fifis Fabricolgy recently - just waiting on Vintage Picnic (for letter "P") to be released soon and maybe even Little Ruby for "L"...
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds quite a challenge you have set yourself Kirsten! I don't know enough about fabric ranges and names to even contemplate something like this! Will it be difficult to find something for 'q' , 'x' or 'z'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsten! Wow, you have a great idea for this project! I really like letters and this quilt will be fantastic! x Teje
    www.nerospostbox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete