Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Pretty In Pink Tote

Recently, I saw an amazing Geometric tote bag by Vanessa Christenson using her fabulous ombre fabrics.
So as soon as I saw this printed fabric I bought some as I thought it would be perfect for a bright and colourful tote bag.
Rather than making all of those HST's though, I just needed to cut out large pieces of this print to obtain the same effect.
I quilted in straight lines which created a really nice texture to the fabric.
There is a slip pocket on the inside along with a tab for keys.
And the corners are boxed to give it a nice sturdy base to stand on.
I couldn't find any leather for straps but have used some cotton webbing for the handles.
This tote finished at about 15" tall, 20" wide and 7" deep.
Linking up with Purse Palooza 2015 hosted by Sara @ Sew Sweetness.
Purse Palooza 2015 at Sew Sweetness
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Kirsten! That fabric is a fantastic find and you have found the perfect use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a genius move!! i love that you did not make all the HST's but got the beautiful effect of it!!! this bag is awesome

    ReplyDelete