Saturday, September 23, 2017

Coastal Ripple Crochet Blanket

I started this crochet blanket quite some time ago now in an effort to use up some of my leftover yarn from other projects. 
The pattern is the Neat Ripple blanket by Lucy at Attic 24 which is one I have used a few times before.
To give it a beachy vibe, I mainly used shades of blue and green along with a few neutrals as I loved the colours in Lucy's original Coast Ripple blanket.
It was very hot and windy at the beach today and we even saw a few whales out in the ocean whilst having lunch.
And I found a convenient branch to hang it off to keep off the sand:)
Although through I have used a mix of different 8 ply yarns, the ripples look fairly even. 
There are about 70 rows of stripes in the blanket which makes it large enough to go on a double (twin) bed.
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. It does have a real beach vibe! Glorious blanket. On behalf of the 2017 global FAL hosts, thank you for taking part in this quarter's Finish Along

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't crochet but I like the look of the blanket. It looks like an amzing amount of work so congrats on the finish. BTW the photos look very beautiful.

    Visiting from FAL.
    www.mell-meyer.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete