Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Legendary quilt

When we went on a recent holiday to Canada and the USA to celebrate our 50th birthdays this year, I returned with plans to make a special quilt for my hubbys actual birthday which is coming up soon.
I purchased the Legendary pattern by Elizabeth Hartman and some of the fabrics whilst we were away as I was lucky to visit the Prickly Pear quilt shop in Montana, and the Rushin Tailors quilt shop in Skagway, Alaska. 
The trees in the quilt were made from the Bali pops jelly roll and I have used different strips for each part of the tree.
And I found the perfect woodgrain print for the tree trunks.
For the background, I used a Moda Basic Grey Grunge fabric in cream. 
The Sasquatch was made using a brown grunge blender.
I found the backing fabric at my LQS, "Rainbow Patchwork"  and the quilt was also long arm quilted there by Karen.
It was when we met up with the local "Sasquatch" in Harrison Hot Spings, on our second day of the trip that I knew that I just had to make the Legendary quilt.
Hoping hubby loves his new quilt and that it brings back memories of our first overseas holiday together.

Linking up with Amy from Amy's Creative Side for the Bloggers Quilt Festival - Fall 2017.
And this project was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

16 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved seeing that you finished this quilt and hubby enjoyed seeing it too. Wonderful you finished in time for hubby's actual birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the story behind your quilt! Such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun take on this pattern! I love your trees that use all different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt. How wonderful to collect the fabrics on your travels. It is a wonderful gift and a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super! Love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the perfect quilt pattern for your husband, especially after I saw the pic. Great choice of fabric/and colors for the trees. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun quilt to make to remember your holiday , sometimes those are the best quilts to make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this fun pattern so much, and your version is beautiful, he's a lucky man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, LOVE your version of this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. I'll have to show my son... he really likes a movie about Bigfoot. (Can't remember the title. Maybe it's
    "Bigfoot" :)) Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the inspiration for your quilt, and the grunge fabrics are absolutely perfect!

    On behalf of the Finish A Long global hosts, thank you for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS I'm glad you enjoyed my province so much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun!! I love the batik trees! I am working on this same pattern and can't wait to finish it up and snuggle under it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา

    ReplyDelete