Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tula Pink True Colors Swap

A little while ago, i signed up for the Tula Pink True Colours swap on Instagram, and now that my partner has received her parcel, I can show the mini quilt I made for her. 
I used the Geometric Sewing Machine pattern by Kristy @ Quiet Play to make a rainbowy sewing machine.
I posted a sneak peek on IG and was trying not to give too much info on the design I was using...
For the swap we were to mainly use the Tula pink "True Colours" fabrics to create our swap item. 
There are also a few other Tula pink fabrics added in for a bit of extra colour.
The back is the Daisy Buds in silver with the Making Waves in Ink for the binding - paper piecing also creates some pretty scraps.
As an extra item, I also made a Goody Goody Binding kit using the great tutorial by Vanessa @ Lella Boutique.
Thanks so much to Kristi @ Sugarndspice77 for hosting this fun swap!
This project was on my FAL Q4 list for 2015 so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. Love how your sewing machine turned out! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mini is gorgeous!! What a lucky swap partner you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous finish, as usual! I've got this pattern, and I really need to give it a go. You did a wonderful job choosing fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini quilt is awesome! Pity I wasn't your partner but then I wasn't in the swap....and the extra looks pretty & useful too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete