Monday, November 16, 2015

Le Challenge: EPP Modern Hexie pillow

This months theme at "Le Challenge" was "method" so I have used the EPP method to make some lime green fabric hexagons. 
I then arranged them in a stylized Christmas tree design and quilted them using the Modern Hexies tutorial by Nicole @ Modern Handcraft.
I marked out my quilting lines with a hera marker before stitching and I just love the effect created by the simple quilting!
I found a fun Christmas print for the back of the pillow which went well with the red binding. 
Linking up with Lucy and Nat over at Le Challenge.
Le Challenge
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Love the modern hexies method... will have to look at it! It is 3 dimensional almost. Thanks for sharing on le challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I have have been holding off trying hexies but my willpower fades when I see a pattern that calls for no y-seams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I have have been holding off trying hexies but my willpower fades when I see a pattern that calls for no y-seams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on Winning the Challenge :)
    Your blog looks wonderful

    www.EcoFabricStore.etsy.com
    www.FiberstoFabric.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Kirsten - it looks great and is just right for the season. Your quilting finishes it perfectly, just like Nicole's. I wonder how well it will hold up to use and washing.

    ReplyDelete