Thursday, November 12, 2015

Aussie Supertote

One of my favourite bag designs is the Super tote by Anna @Noodlehead, so when I needed to sew a gift for a friend travelling from the USA, this was the pattern I decided to do.
For this tote, I have used some lovely fabrics from Robert Kaufman's Under the Australia Sun range including the Gum blossoms, Gumnut leaf and Wattle Leaf prints.
It took a while to cut all of the pattern pieces out and quilt the bag panels but once that was done it was quite quick to put the bag together.
The bag has the Gumleaf print on the front pocket and on the back, with the other fabrics as accents.
For the straps and gusset, I used a lovely golden brown Bella solid in "Hay" which almost looks like tan leather.
This is such a roomy bag and perfect to use for carry-on luggage as you can fit so many things in it.
I actually have almost enough of the fabrics here to make another bag, although I may need to piece the back panel.
Purse Palooza 2015 at Sew Sweetness
Linking up with Purse Palooza 2015 hosted by Sara @ Sew Sweetness.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
This was on my FAL Q4 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. My first thought was 'oooh leather' so you fooled me! This is such a great gift for an overseas friend, I bet she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely bag Kristen! You've co-ordinated those fabrics perfectly!

    ReplyDelete