Thursday, May 25, 2017

Aloe Vera pillow: Pantone Greenery challenge

After making the "Green Day" quilt for the Pantone Greenery challenge, I had a few leftover green squares so decided to make them into a matching pillow.
The pillow design is the Genny and Ruth block which is a pattern from Robert Kaufman.
I used some of the Kona cotton "Parrot" solid to make the HST for the points of the block, and also for the binding.
The pillow is quilted in a fairly dense crosshatch pattern which gives it such a lovely texture.
And it coordinates with the "Green Day" quilt perfectly!
Linking my "Aloe Vera" pillow (15" x 15")  with the Pantone challenge for 2017.
This project was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2017 FAL team.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten! This is most beautiful pillow! I love your mix of fabrics and giving light to the green! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty pillow and quilt. Great colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love green so you will know that I love this! Great quilting - love that texture. Congratulations on your fab finish on behalf of the global FAL 2017 hosts!

    ReplyDelete