Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Baby Shower Gift basket

The daughter of a friend of mine is expecting her first child (a girl) and she held her baby shower over the weekend.
I wanted to make her a few items for the nursery and chose some duck fabric along with a coordinating print for the basket, and a cute flamingo muslin to make a baby wrap.
Firstly, I made the basket using the "One Hour Basket" tutorial by Kelly @ Kelbysews.
I had enough of the duck print to make a matching Open Wide Zippered pouch using the tutorial by Anna @ Noodlehead designs.
Then I sewed the muslin wrap and a couple of burp cloths, and I even made a little baby card to go along with the gift.
This was the delicious Baby shower cake made by #honeybirdcakes which was a chocolate cake with choc peppermint ganache filling and Swiss meringue buttercream.
And some cute peppermint choc cheesecake "shots" which were so nice and refreshing on such a hot day that I may have had more than one!
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q4 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Baby Showers are such fancy affairs nowadays, aren't they Kirsten! Your one-hour basket looks fabulous! The one I made for my D-I-L's shower wasn't such a success. I am curious about what you used to make it firm and upright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely gift! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete