Thursday, August 25, 2016

WiP: Tula Pink City Sampler

A few weeks ago I saw on IG that there was going to be an epic quilt-along to sew 100 blocks in 100 days using the blocks from the City Sampler book by Tula Pink.
I initially thought that sewing a block a day for such a long period of time would not be easy to do, but after looking through the book, realised that the blocks are fairly straightforward to piece, and also a great way to use up the rest of my Tula stash left over from making the Pixel Perfect quilt!
Here are my first 9 blocks - I am trying to stay close to the original colours used in the book, and even some of the prints if I have them available. It has been so much fun choosing fabrics for the blocks and I have really enjoyed looking through IG each day (#100days100blocks) to see all of the amazing blocks that are being sewn up.

Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty! I just love them - especially number 9. I'm really enjoying this QAL; sewing the blocks is fun, but seeing everyone's fabric choices is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favourite block in the book is #1, have to admit I am not liking all these 1" strips! Love all the colour in your so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - your blocks are looking great. I loved making mine!

    ReplyDelete