Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WiP Wednesday - Hashtag quilt

After a few days of sewing, I have been able to get the Hashtag quilt blocks made and the top sewn together over the weekend.
This is one of the projects from Camille Roskelleys fabulous "Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple" class on Craftsy.
Like with the Terra Australis Swoon mini quilt I made earlier this year, I decided to combine some Terra Australis fabrics from both the first and second ranges for this quilt as they went together so well.
These blocks are chain pieced so came together really quickly and easily.
I decided to go with a bit of a colour order arrangement for the quilt, and also left off the outer border.
I was sent some of the Kangaroos in Kingfisher fabric to bind one of the #Sewing for Sydney quilts earlier this year and loved how it looked, so have the Kangaroos in Ocean set aside to use for the binding and I managed to pick up some meterage of one of the other prints for the backing when I picked up my quilt from Rainbow Patchwork recently.
Lastly, a pretty stained glass (sideways) photo:)
Linking with WIP Wednesday with Lee @ Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Another lovely finish Kirsten! The range of colour and patterns gives this top such interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fun quilt. i love the fabrics you did it in. the are bright and cheerful

    ReplyDelete