Saturday, August 1, 2015

Norway quilt top

I was home alone last weekend whilst my 3 teenagers were at the "Splendour in the Grass" music festival at Byron Bay, and my hubby was also away all week camping near Tenterfield so I managed to get quite a bit of sewing done and I have now finished the Norway quilt top.
As I had already pre-cut the fabrics for these blocks, I was able to sew each one in under 2 hours as they are all chain pieced and there are very few seams to match.
Before I sewed them altogether I did up a mosaic of the 9 blocks so I could get them into an arrangement I liked - which was much quicker and easier than dragging these 26" blocks around my lounge room floor!
I went with a colour gradient as I loved the look of the one done by Mary @classicquilter on IG - the middle block is the same colour as the binding so I wanted it to be in the centre.
I have now sent this off to be quilted at my LQS and I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Linking with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. You still amaze me with your productivity Kirsten! I love this colour palette, and that magenta one real makes this quilt sparkle! I look forward to seeing how the quilting makes it even better, if that is possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, the colours you used and the arrangement is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of this quilt, great colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Kirsten! I love the colours you've chosen, the cornerstones perfectly accent the purples, I love it. Looking forward to seeing it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really lovely Kirsten. I'm tempted to make it in very pale blues, mauves and maybe a bit of turquoise for a really wintery feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Kirsten! What a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made heaps of progress - what a special weekend for you. Looking forward to seeing this this looks quilted up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another brilliant Camille pattern. Your colours work brilliantly. I think the same binding as the centre block will tie it all together nicely.

    ReplyDelete