Sunday, April 26, 2015

X-factor pillow swap - round #9

The X-factor pillow swap recently held another round with Drunkards Path blocks as the feature.
The pillow I entered is named "Tibouchina" after the purple flowering trees that are quite prolific in our area at this time of year. 
One variety (Tibouchina Alstonville) is named after the northern NSW town where it was developed which is also where I lived when I first moved down here from Brisbane over 25 years ago.
The late afternoon Autumn sunlight catching on these blooms is almost identical to the colour of the fabric in the pillow.
I used Lizzy House jewels in Magenta from Hello Pilgrim to make the "petals" of the flower.
Then quilted the pillow in a cross hatch design and backed it in a cute spot print, before binding in a coordinating fabric which has touches of the pretty purples in it.
So now that we have voted on the pillows in the swap, this one will be mailed off to a new owner this week:)
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Kirsten! That purple is a wonderful bright shade! I will be watching with interest to see what cushion (pillow!) you receive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Pillow! I love how simple it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great representation of the tibouchina. Great choice of fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes simple is best isn't it? Lovely pillow ! I had a lot of fun this round and the drunkards path blocks were surprisingly quick to piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Kirsten, every time I see something you've sewn I smile. All of your creations are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous cushion, I love the design and the colour. It's great that the purple exactly matches one of the walls in your house too!

    ReplyDelete