Thursday, February 26, 2015

WIP: Modern Maples

I have wanted to make one of the Modern Maples quilts for a while now so as soon I saw the Pantone colour of the year was Marsala I thought this would be a good chance to do it, so that I could incorporate it along with some other autumnal tones.
I went through my fabrics and not surprisingly, found quite a few in my Denyse Schmidt stash, including a few of the burgundy/maroon/brownish prints that fitted in with the Marsala colour - well kind of anyway.
I cut all of these fabrics into the sizes for the Maples block and have been working on them whenever I get a chance...
So this is the where I am now up to with my Marsala Maples quilt ...
Just need to sew these blocks together and start quilting!
2015 Pantone Quilt Challenge: Marsala
Linking with WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, I love this Kirsten. I'm having all sorts of trouble trying to think of something that would suit Marsala, without much luck. I think the reason I love this so much is because it's light on the Marsala! It's gorgeous regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea to tie the Marsala colour in with the Modern Maples! I really like how the colour palette is autumnal but still fresh and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely the prettiest use of Marsala I've ever seen! You did a fab job choosing coodinating colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these fabrics and the colors are so so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsala Maples- what a great name! And a lovely colour palette too! I have also been tempted to make these, but so far they are just words on a list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the untraditional but beautiful color palette for fall foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is on my to do list - one day. What a great idea utilising the pattern for the Marsala Challenge. Beautiful maples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use for the Marsala! I think I'm going to stick with having mine with dinner though ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The colours and fabrics are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete