Monday, October 27, 2014

"High Tea" quilt pattern testing

A few weeks ago, Adrianne from On The Windy Side, put out a call for pattern testers for her lovely new quilt pattern "High Tea".  
The High Tea" pattern includes versions for sizes ranging from baby to Queen size -   I tested the Throw quilt /single bed size which finishes at 56" x 69". 
This size of the pattern calls for a couple of charm packs or 20 layer cake squares, along with about a metre each of the two background fabrics for the sashing.
This is really a fabulous pattern and it came together very quickly  due to the way the quilt is constructed, the main seams "nest" quite well and match up easily.
I had ordered a layer cake to use for this quilt which unfortunately went missing:( Then, as I was running out of time, I decided to cut my own charms from the "What A Gem" fabrics by Allison Cole, along with a few coordinating prints from Spotlight.
I really liked how well the navy, coral and emerald went with the grey and white solid background.
And the colours match well with my daughters room too.
Whilst this pattern is a great way to use up charm squares, it is also suitable for larger scaled prints.
This was my first time using the popular Britten number fabric from Ikea, which makes a fun backing!
So please go and have a look at Adriannes blog to see all of the other versions of the "High Tea" quilt pattern - I really love the original version of the quilt she has made using Bonnie and Camille fabrics!


Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. I certainly love the simplicity of this pattern! And your fabric choices are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern - perfect to let the fabric speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have used some gorgeous fabrics here Kirsten. A couple of weeks ago we had a Spotlight store open in town, very exciting! I spied your Spotlight fabrics - nice aren't they. Your quilt turned out well and looks at home on the bed shown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job with the fabric selection. I went to my local Spotlight last week and think it will be my last. The shopping centre where it is is under going to renovations and its horrible. It will only be worse for parking when the renovations are complete. Plus they have none of the lovely fabrics you got. They didn't even have the DS fabrics when they were advertised in the catalogue. I asked someone and they had no idea. No wonder I like on line shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks really good. I'm always looking for ideas to make with charm squares.

    ReplyDelete