Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday at the Table : Coconut Lime Syrup Cake

I was watching Better Homes and Gardens on TV last Friday night whilst binding my Sea Breezey mini quilt and they showed how to make this quick and easy cake. I didn't get a chance to write down the exact recipe from BHG but found a similar one from Taste here
I had all of the ingredients available and just had to grab a couple of limes from our tree,  so after soccer on Saturday afternoon I cooked this cake ready to take to a craft get-together on Sunday.  Even my teenage sons commented on how nice the limes smelled as I was making the syrup. I am not really into cooking but this is definitely one of those recipes that I will be making again as it was really delicious!

Pop on over to A Quilters Table where Debbie has a great list of "foodie" books to read. I have only read a couple on her list including Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel and Peaches for Monsieur le Cure: A Novel (Chocolat sequel) by Joanne Harris who also wrote Chocolat. I think there is a bit of a theme here:)
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. oh this sounds delish! It was fun to see you did a Tuesday at the Table post. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks so scrummy. And I love the way you 'grabbed a couple of limes from your tree' - how lovely! I

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, just grab a lime off the tree, that's what I always do... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete