Monday, July 28, 2014

Sea Breezey not-so-mini quilt

A few weeks ago I decided to join in with the Sea breeze mini QAL


It is hosted by Angie @ Gnome Angel using the Sea Breeze pattern by Megan @ Canoe Ridge Creations.
“Member
I really loved Megans use of solids in the original mini quilt so I chose to do a fairly similar colour scheme using a bundle of organic Prima solids I bought from my local Spotlight store some time ago.
 There are quite a number of different ways to make HST and this time,  I wanted to try out the "Magic 8" tutorial which yields 8 HST at a time 
 I certainly think it was a lot quicker to make the HST this way rather than the traditional method.
I quilted this in a basic grid pattern, just echoing the main seams a quarter of an inch on either side.
This quilt finishes at 22.5 " which is on the larger side for a mini quilt.
I am quite keen to make another one but I might downsize the HST's so the mini finishes a little smaller.
Finish Along 2014
This project was on my list of finishes for the Q3 FAL hosted by Katy @ The Littlest Thistle. Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. K, this is beautiful! A wonderful way to use solids with great impact. Fab finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely bright colors and perfect points. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG on the finish, and love the bright colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful - I may have to succumb and make one;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've admired this design for a while, and your version is lovely. Many thanks for the heads-up about the "magic 8" tutorial. I'll have to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete