Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wishful thinking - my Q2 FAL list!

We are already into the second quarter of this year, so it ts time for another list of projects that I am hoping to get done by the end of June.
1. Cargo Duffle : inspired by a beautiful duffle I saw on Owens Olivia which uses the same fabric I did to make one of Amiras Girlfriends wallets recently, I would like to make a large quilted bag so am going to attempt of the Cargo Duffles from Anna @ Noodlehead.  I have all of the pieces cut out and have started quilting the large panels already. Sophie from C'est La Vie has just held a Cargo Duffle sew along, with more helpful tips in the flickr group too!
2. Umbrella prints Trimmings project: I purchased one of the Umbrella Prints Floating Worlds Trimmings packs and have already started sewing up the first of a few planned projects.
3. DS mini quilt swap: I recently bought a Fat 1/8 bundle of DS Ansonia form Westwood Acres and I can't wait to use this in the mini quilt swap. I am thinking of doing one of the many "mini" versions of quilt patterns available now for my partner.
4.  A "Social Tote" : I have already made the little pincushion which is included and I suspect that it may have been the easy part of the pattern :)
5. My sons are going to NZ with their Rugby club later this year so I making a rugby jersey inspired throw rug in their club colours that can be raffled as a fundraiser. 

And a couple of projects that are carrying over from last quarter...
 6. Table runner: 
and 7. Feathers quilt: using the beautiful blocks made by my fellow Aus Mod Bee members.
 Linking to the Q2 FAL list with Katy @ The Littlest Thistle.
Kirsten.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a mighty list Kirsten! Do you make a more definite plan or just work on things as you feel like it? I'm looking forward to seeing your Feathers quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a list! The feathers look beautiful and I love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an ambitious list... but knowing you, I'm sure you'll have all the projects ticked off by end og Q2 :)

    ReplyDelete