Sunday, December 15, 2013

A "Secret Santa" Pillow.

For the past few days, I have been following along with the Cushion for Christmas blog hop hosted by Ms Midge - if you haven't already checked out all of these fabulous pillows then you can do so here.
So when we decided last week that we would do a "Secret Santa" gift swap among my husbands family for Christmas I thought that I would make a pillow for the secret recipient whom I happen to know loves giraffes:)
I already had a panel of Cori Dantini's "Hello World" fabric here with the cute giraffe print, and I used a selection of fabrics which had either some orange or yellow in them to include in the scrappy border.
I just did some simple echo quilting around the panel then trimmed the top back to finish at 18" 
The backing is a neutral calico-like fabric which has giraffes subtly printed on it in white.
I might have to make another one of these soon as it is perfect for lazing about in the hammock with a good book on a hot summers' day.
Ms Midge
Linking up with Ms Midge and Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Fresh Poppy Design
Kirsten.

13 comments:

  1. That is such a cute cushion!! Love the giraffe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that giraffe, such a fab cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Love your cushion! My mum loves giraffes :) Thanks so much for joining in the hop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love giraffes and I love scrappy pillows, are you sure you are not MY Secret Santa? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kirsten! I love your pillow! I think you need one for yourself, too! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great .. love that panel... and hope the recipient does too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute Kirsten, I know the recipient is going to LOVE this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute cushion! I bet the recipient will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! Love the giraffe print!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this is a gorgeous cushion Kirsten! I love the panel in the centre, how the bright border really frames it, and that you managed to find such a great giraffe print for the back! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable pillow! Soooo cute!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete