Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A "Secret" birthday quilt.

I really love the Giant Vintage Star quilt pattern by Jeni at In Color Order. I have already made a couple of quilts using his pattern (here and here) , and decided to make another one for our daughters 18th birthday.
I had a few half yard pieces of Sandi Henderson's beautiful Secret Garden fabrics in colours that I knew Gem would like and knew that this design would show the large scale fabrics well.
After marking lines about one inch apart with my hera marker, I quilted it with some straight line quilting.
 The quilt is backed in a hot pink fabric that matches the fuschia colours in the Secret garden fabrics perfectly.
 This quilt finishes at 60 inches square and is bound  with a lovely blue which also matches the blue in the fabrics. 
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.

Fresh Poppy Design
This was one of the projects on my 3rd quarter list for the FAL hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt.
Kirsten.

11 comments: